- Spoken to a health professional about your chronic pain, but have not discussed or been made aware of Stimwave neurostimulation?
- Tried or considered neurostimulation options that come with cumbersome batteries?
- Been told that neurostimulation is only possible via (SCS) spinal cord stimulation?
- A solution that is lightweight, and no battery is implanted inside of your body?
- The smallest implanted stimulator system available?
- An outpatient, minimally invasive procedure?
- A pain solution that’s capable of treating chronic pain throughout the body?
- A system that is full-body 3T & 1.5T MRI conditional? You can have an MRI after the procedure*.
At all of our Certified Foot and Ankle Specialists locations throughout South Florida and the treasure coast, our board-certified podiatrists and foot surgeons strive on continually providing patients with access to the latest and most effective treatment options to get them back on their feet as quickly as possible.
One of the advanced procedures we are most excited to share with the South Florida community to address chronic pain in the feet, ankle and lower legs is stimwave therapy. Unrelenting pain can negatively impact your quality of life and your mobility. Stimwave, or peripheral nerve stimulation, therapy is a procedure in which we place a small wire in the nerves of the area where you’re feeling symptomatic. Patients experiencing chronic pain can then use an antenna that is worn outside the body that works with the implanted wire to provide pain relief.
With this procedure there is an initial trial period to ensure the patient is a good candidate to move forward with stimwave therapy. This is done in office. If it is successful the trail wire is removed, authorization is received from the insurance company and the permanent device is then placed into the impacted nerves. This trial period for stimwave therapy is very unique and beneficial for patients. It provides insights into the success of the procedure without going through with the permanent device if unnecessary. No other therapies currently offer this benefit.
If you have been on pain medication and are looking for relief for your chronic lower extremity pain, give us a call to determine if you are the right candidate for stimwave therapy. We have multiple locations from Ft. Lauderdale to Palm City to serve you and we offer free transportation to and from appointments for existing patients. Schedule your appointment today! 1-855-550-FEET